(Season One original blogs can be found at the following link: http://divorceisntforsissies.blogspot.com/ )
Our heroine begins her story in October of last year. (She discovers she occasionally likes writing about herself in third person and giving herself hero-type powers.) Her story starts as a mildly amusing experiment between friends and EXPLODES into a BLOGGERS RATINGS JUGGERNAUNT!!!!
Ok...so I only had twelve followers on blogspot. (Maybe my super power is hyperbole?) But....I did link up to Facebook in December and have a fairly solid following of more than twelve and less than one hundred fans. Enough to make me feel like I am at least somewhat entertaining and not completely wasting my time. I began just sharing my post divorce adventures - in dating, in discovering how to check my oil, in learning to hold my whiskey, and in when to say 'no way'. What followed over the course of almost seven months was amazing - at least for me. Cue the monthly highlight reel.....
- We begin in October, with online dating mishaps and mockery. The readers discover that I have a slightly strange fantasy life in which I am best friends with Jennifer Aniston.
- The month of November is spent filling in background characters, illustrating how clueless I was at any man-oriented task, and proving that I shouldn't have been allowed inside bars without a crash course.
- December was a quiet blog month. I have zero highlights to report.
- January was a huge blog month, mostly to make up for December I guess. I began dating Chet. Which for me was a big deal, since I was pretty entrenched in my single life. But it was good, we were happy, and I wanted to be in love. I wrote about it....a lot. We met my sister Lola, who was a wonderful guest blogger. And I received complaints from the fans that my blog was getting too....nice. All the scandal was gone. Soooo...
- During the month of February, I blogged about my issues with Jack Daniels and the story of how I kissed an old lecher. My fans were mollified. I also continued along with my relationship with Chet and spent an inordinate amount of time trying to self-diagnose my own psyche to discover if I was really going to be able to let go of all my divorce baggage.
- March and April were very quiet months - until the end. I was very busy with work, school, my family, and Chet. I felt completely over-scheduled and overwhelmed - which meant very little time spent blogging. In April, Chet and I ran away to Vegas to be witnesses when Fiona and Wallace got married. Right before we left, I closed down the blog.