Saturday, September 11, 2010

By Candlelight~

Slightly amusing story for longterm readers that know how I introduced candles into Chet's apartment-

I have snuck nothing into Jack's house. And I won't be, circumstances are very different. Also, Jack's house doesn't really require me to un-bachelor it. So there will be no gateway candle here. However...

We spend a decent amount of time when we are together in his living room which has the options of no light at all or a bright lamp that is likely the least romantic object ever. Ok, maybe not ever...but it is not sexy. Last time I was over at his house I told him that his coffee table was begging for a nice, big candle to hang out there. It was an off hand comment, that I gave zero thought to once it was said and done. I wasn't angling for a candle or preparing to bombard his house with candles...it was just a passing thought while we were cuddling and watching tv.

Last night we had movie night. (We watched Date Night, which exceeded my expectations by the way. Cute, funny movie) When I showed up at his house there was a pretty, new candle living on the coffee table. And not just any candle, but the grandaddy of all candles...a big, cozy three wick candle on a pretty stand. Such a clever man.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! ;) He must really, really like ya Steph! I am so glad. P.S. I joined an ONLINE dating site...and I went on a DATE last night. Haven't been on one of those in about 10 years. Wow, so anyway, an online dating site? (Holy Crap!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be a guest blogger for me every so often with your online dating perspective! It would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to! And my stupid stories would be sure to make SOMEONE laugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets do a three parter....you can organize them however you want and just email me on FB when you have Part One done! YAY! I love guest bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete