Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pillow Nation~

So I know that I said I wasn’t going to be sneaking anything into Jack’s house, but I think I may have to break that promise. Ok, not break it exactly – but bend it. I am not going to sneak anything in – I am going to brazenly walk it in the front door. And I am not doing it to improve anything in his house – I am doing it purely for my own comfort. This is all about me.

Jack doesn’t believe in pillows. I have no idea why. He has a fantastic, monster sized bed with one lonely little, flat pillow on it. My bed is probably half the size of his and at last count I had seven pillows on it. I love my pillows. When I get into bed at night I arrange them all so I am cocooned in pillows. (and dogs of course) When my allergies are awful I arrange them into a pretty little pillow chair to sleep against so I can breathe all night – at least somewhat. In the morning I wake up and they are everywhere – usually the dogs have commandeered one or two and a few get knocked to the floor or wind up over my head. And then I wake up and move to the living room where I have an entire new set of ‘living room’ pillows for tv watching and afternoon naps. I have my very own tiny pillow nation.

So it seems only natural that I expand my nation to Jack’s house. Kind of like Europe sent out explorers looking for the New World – I am preparing to send out my little goose down army to create a comfy spot for me at Jack’s. His poor, weary, flat little pillow has no idea what it is in for.

1 comment:

  1. So can relate. Dated someone once who so kindly bought a feather pillow for my comfort. Sadly, not a down pillow. An actual "feather" pillow. From Kmart I think. Scary.

    ReplyDelete